Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Epilogue...

A year ago, my brother Leonard bet me $50 that I would not stay single all 2013.

I took the bet.

December 20th - I lost the bet.

Here's the story in a nutshell:

We've known each other 7 years or so. He is one of Leonard's best friends as they went to college and lived together.

Late this summer we started chatting occasionally. One day in mid-October, while I was in Italy we chatted all day. The next day, again. And again and again.  We haven't stopped talking.

I had a choice to make. Take a chance, or walk away.

Because I was overseas, I didn't want to make a decision until I was back Stateside.  So, when I got back, I visited him, then he came to Maine to visit me and my family. We had a great time.

There was a small part of me that wanted to wait until next year to make it "official" just so I wouldn't lose the bet.  After all, I'd come so far. I was so close. :) But. It was unfair to him. We had already waited. Plus. I didn't want to. Ha.

So. I took the chance.

After we became "official", he surprised me and said "I have something for you." He went to his coat, and took out $50, and handed it to me.

He paid the bet.

I never asked him to.

That's the type of guy he is.

And that is why I lost the bet.

I don't know what the outcome will be…but my daily prayer is...God's will be done.

Thank you to those of you who read the blog this year! :)  It's been quite the year.

And I'm very surprised at it's conclusion. :)


PS - Incase you're wondering….My brother used the $50 to buy lobster, and invited me and my boyfriend (!) over for a double date with him and his wife.

PPS - My mother asked me to add an addendum in order to avoid any confusion: I HAVE NOT GOTTEN MARRIED. This blog, and the bet I made with my brother was in regards to whether I'd be courting a man by the end of the year.  Which, by today's colloquial standards, means you're not "single". Though, legally, I still am.  Until such time as a wedding band goes on the finger. 


No comments:

Post a Comment