Let it be known I rarely make
resolutions.
In 2012 I did not go on a single date.
I don't really regret it, it's just a fact.
IDEA
Recently, I had a Gaston/LeFou
moment (which of course was sung in my head):
“Lefou I'm afraid I've been thinking”
“A dangerous past-time”
“I know...”
“I know...”
I thought: What if my new years
resolution was not to “get a boyfriend” (which sounds a bit like “get a dog”)...but instead
“Stay Single”.
Therefore:
My New Years Resolution for 2013 is to
“Stay Single”!
To help me "prepare", I googled “New
Years Resolution Stay Single”.
The top two hits: Kim Kardashian and
Hugh Hefner.
Ironic, no?
Ironic, no?
Kim Kardashian made a resolution in 2011 to remain single.
We all know how that ended up.....by
the end of 2011 she was single again.
I figure, either way, it's a win-win
situation for me. Either I stay single all year and once in my life
successfully complete a New Year's Resolution, OR, I'm majorly
surprised and change my fb status before year's end.
(I suppose there's the option more like
Kim Kardashian where I have a lavish ridiculously expensive wedding and then divorce a couple months later.....but I don't like that option)
SOME BACKGROUND
Some people resolve to remain single
because they are in a constant string of relationships. That's not
the case with me.
In the spirit of full disclosure... I
went on my first date in 2009....and as I already mentioned, I did
not go on a single date in 2012. I can count on one hand the number
of guys I've been on a date with. Not from a lack of desire, but
instead an aim to find a husband instead of a string of boyfriends.
Check out a post I wrote on my birthday for a more “serious” look
at where I'm coming from.
So be assured this is not an “I need
time alone to 'find myself'” resolution.
HERE WE GO!
This will be a “How To” manual of
sorts. As I “discover” ways to remain un-attached and maintain my
“single intent”. (Since I've been single this long, it won't take
much to stay so. I will use some of the tried and true methods I've
found for staying single....and more which I'm sure I will discover along the way.)
Stay tuned to see how this evolves.
Single Girls, if you have ideas, I'm very open to suggestions! I may
bring in some guest contributors.
“Le jeu commence”
Special thanks to Andrew Colpitts for "How to Stay Single Without Really Trying" Photo.
Check out his blog HERE (He's my cousin...and he happens to be single, ladies! ;-))
No comments:
Post a Comment